Community Enablement Team - Central Team
The Community Enablement Team works with and for people in local communities across Shropshire.. Our role is to support people in communities to take control of their lives, and to live in a place where they feel happy and safe, and where they can feel a sense of pride and ownership. The approach recognises that there are a considerable number of ‘assets’ within a community: public and community buildings; land; public; voluntary and community organisations; finance; and people with skills and expertise. Working collaboratively and in partnership to maximise the use of these assets will lead to better outcomes for individuals and communities.
Voluntary sector organisations and partnerships including a range of community groups, new and existing social enterprises and parish, town and Shropshire elected Councillors.
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with local Shropshire Council members, town and parish councils and local organisations and individuals to provide better outcomes in communities. We call this 'locality commissioning'
- Providing support to local joint committees to develop local priorities based on local need and community consultation
- Supporting town and parish councils and other partners in the development of their local plans, including place plans, town and parish plans etc
- Supporting communities to use the new community rights such as the Community Right to Challenge and Community Right to Bid, and by developing opportunities for community asset transfers
- Supporting the development and delivery of community-led projects that meet local priorities, including grant funding
Office Hours Monday- Friday : 9:00- 17:00
The page was last updated on 26 July 2017
|Home Safe Home vent - Nov 2016||Resilient Communities||Home Safe Home Poster vrs1.jpg||427533|
|Local Support Swap||FREE event/workshops for Carers in the Bridgnorth area (including a light afternoon tea) on Thursday 6th April 1:30 -4:00 pm at the Baptist Church, West Castle Street, Bridgnorth, WV16 4AB Booking is essential because of catering so please contact Margarete Davies on 01743 255776 to book or for further information||poster 1- Bridgnorth.pdf||239068|
|Oswestry Early Help HUB Poster||Resilient Communities||Early Help Drop-in Poster vs3.jpg||305757|
|Oswestry Early Help Resilience Networking Event||Resilient Communities||Event Poster - Early Help.jpg||376396|
|Oswestry Family Play Cafe||Family Play Cafe||Family Play Cafe vrs3.jpg||369301|
|Oswestry Job Fair - Nov 2016||Resilient communities||Job Fair Event Poster.jpg||419959|
|Oswestry Provider Event Invite Nov 2016||Resilient Communities||Provider Event Invite.pdf||511152|